Thursday, June 4, 2015

Check-in 8: Taking a Second

     As I said before, I am having some trouble coming to terms with the fact that my "trip of a lifetime" is coming to an end. The last few days have both stressful and amazing because of it, but I am now what I would call "spiritually exhausted". I have been putting my all into getting the most out of these last few days. Realizing every moment: this is the last time I will do...something. I tried to take all opportunities to speak French, talk to people, and engage. Yet, it`s clear I didn't give myself enough time (or mental space) to enjoy it. Every accomplishment or thing to appreciate I noticed, I was thinking about what I would do next. How can I appreciate the next moment? I was stuck in a back and forth mind-set. Reflecting on the past, trying to appreciate the present and plan the future all at once, although I tried, is impossible. I have one single day left of regular courses in France. 4 measly classes. It`s time to just clear my head and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment