Friday, July 11, 2014

Donations

Hi everyone!
     My name is Kaylie and I am a high school student from Boulder, Colorado. I have long been dreaming of studying abroad, and have been lucky enough to do some foreign travel over the years. I am trying to go to France for a semester this year. Like anything new, this is terrifying. The idea of being away from family for almost 6 months would be intimidating to most high schoolers. I will be going into a whole new culture and environment, with little means to communicate. Yet, that is exactly why I want to go. The fastest way, the only way to learn a language is to fully immerse yourself in it. When in France I will be forced to speak as much French as I possibly can. Hearing and seeing a language constantly is very different and much more intense then just stepping into a classroom for 45 minutes 5 days a week. I fully intend to see my French skyrocket while away, as well as developing an understanding of French culture achievable solely through long term exposure.

     Unfortunately my family does not have the financial backing to send me on my adventure, which is why I need your support. All donors will receive frequent updates and pictures of my travels via this blog, as well as the coveted recipe to my home-made granola upon my return. My family can`t afford to pay for my trip, so I am raising as much money as I can. All of my friends and family have strongly supported me emotionally and are very excited at the prospects of my escapade. Now, I look to you to help send me on the trip of a lifetime.

     To help raise money I have contributed all of the money I received from my bat mitzvah, sold home-made granola, taken care of people`s houses while they were away, worked to renovate a condo with my dad, and  hosted fundraising parties. This has gotten me closer to my goal, but I am not quite there yet. We have also applied for need-based financial aid but don`t know if we will receive any assistance. This blog is part of Program called "Sponsor and AFSer" which is an online tool provided by AFS to allow potential sponsors to make easy, secure, and non tax-deductible contributions to my AFS program fee.

To sponsor my AFS program, please click the Donate Now button to make a non tax-deductible contribution directly to my AFS program account. Thanks! Kaylie:)

1 comment: